Philippa adds to the round-up post from earlier in the week.
Because we had so many great links this last week, they couldn’t all fit in one post, so here is a rare bonus, with the ones that were missed.
As usual, we link to things that are interesting or thought-provoking, not because we necessarily agree with everything they say.
- It’s Time for Some Cross-Party Action to Get More Women Elected! (Progressive Women)
- Calls for more women in boardroom (Scotland on Sunday)
- Stereotypes About Leadership Still Pose Barriers To Women’s Advancement (Medical News Today)
- Clichéd and Sexist – PMS Ad Focuses on Men (PMS Warrior)
- Girl Talk: How I Learned About Feminism And Motherhood From Molly Weasley (The Frisky)
- How Men’s Rights Activists Get Feminism Wrong (The Good Men Project)
- Beauty Whitewashed: How White Ideals Exclude Women of Color (Beauty Redefined)
- The lone woman waging war on Barcelona’s pickpockets (The Guardian)
- Books for Four Year Old Feminists (Army of Dave)
- I Never Called it Rape: Addressing Abuse in BDSM Communities (includes NSFW photos) (Good Vibes)
- What Next for Women’s Rights in Morocco? (Arab Stands)
- A Teen Feminist Calls the Westboro Baptist Church (fbomb)
- An atheist and a more different atheist get into an elevator (Alas! A blog)
- Obligatory Richard Dawkins Post (Muslimah Media Watch)
- On Fat and Spectra (This Ain’t Livin’)
- Medieval Arab Lesbians and Lesbian-Like Women (Medievalists)
- Feminist Economist: Call for Papers – Engendering Economic Policy in Africa (NGO Pulse)
[The image is a close-up photograph of blueberries. I’m hoping it will help to usher the summer back in. The photograph was taken by me]