The weekly links and posts of interest.
This is the open thread for discussion and our round-up of some of the articles and blogs we’ve noticed over the last week or so, but not had time or capacity to post about.
A lot of links this week. Honestly, you’d think we spend all our time on the internet wouldn’t you?
If you have a link or comment that doesn’t fit anywhere else and would like to share it, feel free to comment here.
- If beauty hurts, we’re doing it wrong (Beauty Redefined)
- I may disagree with marriage but I will fight for your right to do it (Guardian)
- Is sex Passé? (NY Times)
- In Comics World, Women Are Invisible – Except When They’re Naked (Truth Out)
- Always Runs First Feminine Hygiene Ad To Show Blood (Huffington Post)
- EU Parliament backs board-level quotas (Eu Observer)
- The Start of Sound Women (Maria Williams)
- The role of GPs in helping women experiencing domestic violence (University of Bristol)
- Geo Trans Young People Consultation (Miliant Barbie)
- 603 million women live in countries where domestic violence is not a crime (The News International)
- UN Women Report Brings Feminist Issues To A Global Stage (Morning Quickie)
- Spy pictures of suffragettes revealed (BBC)
- What Ashton really enables: “This is why sex workers don’t trust or support Salvation Army.” (Tits and Sass)
- Keir Starmer: Rape claims retracted out of fear should not lead to charges (Guardian)
- Your rape culture is not my religion (The Samosa)
- The Curious case of women in Pakistan (The Samosa)
- Girls, pitchforks and media feeding frenzies (Stavvers)
- Heroic / Womanthology : a massive all female comic anthology (Kick Starter)
- Unsolicited Advice: Don’t buy that diet book (xoJane.com)
- Paralysed woman victim of 6,870 per cent rise in care bills (Womens View on News)
- Richard Dawkins: Skeptic of women? (Salon)
- Dear Richard Dawkins (Skepchick)
- “The News of The World is, as far as I’m concerned, and always has been, a misogynistic, xenophobic, single parent-hating, asylum seeker-hating newspaper and it’s gone to the wall and I’m delighted” Steve Coogan is groovy (Fuck Yeah, Gender Studies!)
All images my own