Philippa rounds up links to the stories we missed during the past week.
We can’t always cover all the stories in the news and around the interwebz, so here is this week’s round-up post of the ones we missed. If you want to add more suggestions, or have a general feminist chat, feel free to do so in the comments!
- Emily Heroy on Feminist [Blogger] Burnout, at Gender Across Borders.
- A lesbian couple have had their application for a marriage license rejected, reported in Diva Magazine.
- Asia al-Massari writes to snowboarding company Burton.
- Lesbilicious reports on a lesbian police officer who killed herself after harassment.
- Feminism and Tattoos: A Woman’s Right to Ink from Small Strokes Big Oaks.
- ‘What we tell our children’, a post on gender and socialisation from Mum in the Know.
- Our very own Holly writes about anti-abortion TV ads which have been shown in America, for the Fresh Outlook.
- Also from Small Strokes Big Oaks, a post on Feminism and Being a Housewife.
- The Guardian writes about Miriam O’Reilly, who was dropped from Countryfile nine months after being told to ‘be careful with those wrinkles’.