London now has four Rape Crisis centres, one each in the North, South, East and West. There’s also a Rape Crisis London website, bringing together information about the centres.
Here is the basic info about the four centres and the services they offer, via womensgrid:
Rape Crisis – North London
Tel: 0808 802 5565 (interim number)
The North London Rape Crisis service started on 1 December. The service offers a dedicated Rape Crisis Counselling service from our centre in Islington (open to anyone living in Enfield, Barnet, Haringey, Camden, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster and Islington) and an advocacy service in Camden and Islington only.
Services: (The full service will be in place by the end of January)
* Counselling (individual and groups)
* Advocacy and body therapies in: Enfield, Barnet, Haringey, Camden, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster and Islington
The opening hours are:
* Monday 10-4pm
* Tuesday 2-4.30pm
* Wed 10-4pm
* Thurs 10-1pm
* Fri 10-4pm
Rape Crisis – South London
Tel: 0208 683 3311
We are based in a safe, anonymous building close to the centre of Croydon, near to good public transport links.
* Face-to-face counselling with a therapist chosen specifically for you
* Counselling in Urdu, Tamil, Gujarati, Turkish, Kurdish and English
* Group Therapy
* Anger Management Therapy
* Support Group for non-abusing parents, partners and friends of survivors
* Self Esteem Workshops
* Self Defence Workshops with the London Centre for Personal Safety
* Advocacy Service: information and help to support you through the legal process, if you are thinking of reporting to the police
* Written information and advice for parents, partners and friends of survivors
* Counselling survivors of sexual violence in prisons
Rape Crisis – East London
Tel: 020 7683 1210
We are one of the specialist services provided by the nia project, which has been delivering services to women and children since 1975
* Face to face counselling with a therapist
* Varying counselling contract lengths for up to one year
* COMING SOON: Advocacy Service: practical and emotional support if you are thinking of reporting to the police and having to attend court and if you need access to medical services, re-housing
* Access to other services provided by the nia project and other relevant agencies.
Rape Crisis – West London
Tel: 0207 610 4678
We are based in an easily accessible, central site in Ealing, near to good public transport links. We also have satellite centres in the London boroughs of Brent, Harrow, Hammersmith and Fulham, Hillingdon and Hounslow.
It is one of the specialist services of Women and Girls Network (WGN).
* The West London Rape Crisis Centre’s therapeutic work is aimed at promoting total and sustainable recovery from sexual violence. This will be achieved through an integrated provision of the following services:
* Individual counselling of varying contract lengths from 15 sessions – 1 year
* Group work including themed groups and an ending group for women completing their individual counselling
* Access to body therapies
* WGN’s Telephone Helpline open 15 hours per week
* Specialist women-only team of practitioners providing the latest innovations in trauma therapy
* Specialised accredited training programmes aimed at professionals working with gendered violence
* Adherence to the quality standards of BACP and Rape Crisis England and Wales