London now has four Rape Crisis centres, one each in the North, South, East and West. There’s also a Rape Crisis London website, bringing together information about the centres.
Here is the basic info about the four centres and the services they offer, via womensgrid:
Rape Crisis – North London
Tel: 0808 802 5565 (interim number)
The North London Rape Crisis service started on 1 December. The service offers a dedicated Rape Crisis Counselling service from our centre in Islington (open to anyone living in Enfield, Barnet, Haringey, Camden, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster and Islington) and an advocacy service in Camden and Islington only.
Services: (The full service will be in place by the end of January)
* Counselling (individual and groups)
* Advocacy and body therapies in: Enfield, Barnet, Haringey, Camden, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster and Islington
We are based in an easily accessible, central site in Ealing, near to good public transport links. We also have satellite centres in the London boroughs of Brent, Harrow, Hammersmith and Fulham, Hillingdon and Hounslow.
It is one of the specialist services of Women and Girls Network (WGN).
* The West London Rape Crisis Centre’s therapeutic work is aimed at promoting total and sustainable recovery from sexual violence. This will be achieved through an integrated provision of the following services:
* Individual counselling of varying contract lengths from 15 sessions – 1 year
* Group work including themed groups and an ending group for women completing their individual counselling
* Access to body therapies
* WGN’s Telephone Helpline open 15 hours per week
* Specialist women-only team of practitioners providing the latest innovations in trauma therapy
* Specialised accredited training programmes aimed at professionals working with gendered violence
* Adherence to the quality standards of BACP and Rape Crisis England and Wales