As usual, here’s a round-up of stuff we haven’t had chance to talk about in full yet. Consider the comments box below an ‘open thread’ to discuss these links or whatever else you fancy. Happy Monday!
- DIY Abortions in the USA
- Dildo throwing in the 17th Century
- Twitter’s Incredibly Depressing #rulesforgirls, via Jezebel
- Closing DV shelters and ‘social kettling‘: 2011’s challenges for women from the LSE Politics and Policy blog
- Dr Kermit Gosnell: this is not a case about abortion
- Call for contributions: celebrating strong women associated with the North West for women’s history month
- Punishing ‘beauty’ advice
- CommentIsFree: Describing a surrogate as a ‘gestational carrier’ is a new low in motherhood’s commercialisation
- Undercover Police cleared ‘to have sex with activists’.
- The Fat Body (In)visible
- Woman journalist and activist is arrested in Sanaa amid wave of protests
- New twitter feed: @GenderDiary: “A Mother and Father. Tweeting about our 3 year old girl and 3 month old boy and how people treat them differently”
- Feminist philosophers on the proposed UK paternity leave changes
- Women’s groups in Israel slam ‘problematic’ trial despite satisfaction at outcome, via Womansphere
- Bad Reputation’s alphabet of feminism: O is for Ovary